A favourite from Ali Miller’s childhood, this quick and easy recipe for chocolate and marshmallow rice krispie squares makes the perfect Easter treat!
You will need:
150g of Rolo chocolates (but if you can’t get Rolos, 150g of your favourite milk chocolate works just as well)
2tbsp of cocoa powder
60ml golden syrup
10og mini marshmallows
15og Rice Krispies (for a gluten-free version of this recipe, replace Rice Krispies with a gluten free puffed rice cereal)
You will also need a large saucepan and a baking tray
- Melt the Rolos (or chocolate of your choice) in a pan over the stove.
- Once the chocolate has melted, add the margarine and golden syrup. Leave for a minute and stir gently.
- Add the Rice Krispies and marshmallows. Mix it all together until everything is evenly coated.
- Tip the mixture into a baking tray (we’ve used a ceramic baking tray but you can also use a foil-lined one) Smooth with a spatula.
- Leave the tray in the fridge to set. This should take 1-2 hours, depending on the temperature of your fridge.
Cut into squares (we say the bigger the better!) and enjoy!