If you're looking for a recipe that makes delicious pancakes, we at Ali Miller London love the failsafe Easy Pancake recipe from BBC Good Food.
Recipe makes 12 pancakes.
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml milk
- Optional to serve - fruit (berries, lemon, figs, bananas), chopped nuts, yogurt, maple syrup or Nutella chocolate spread
- Put 100g plain flour, 2 large eggs, 300ml milk, 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth batter.
- Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time, or start cooking straight away.
- Set a medium frying pan or crêpe pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper.
- When hot, cook your pancakes for 1 min on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.
Our favourite toppings combinations are:
- Yogurt with figs, chopped nuts and berries. Try with extra maple syrup
- Banana and Nutella
- Lemon and caster sugar
- Berries and maple syrup
Why not add a touch of decadence by serving on Ali Miller's in fine bone china plates accompanied with a cup of tea in our beautiful teacups? As you enjoy your pancakes, lose yourself in the playful designs, letting your mind wander to wherever the story takes you.